NEW PRODUCT! Introducing the new Freestyle hands free pump!
The Freestyle Hands-free is Medela's smallest and first wearable hands-free double electric breast pump, designed so you can carry on with other tasks while you're expressing. The portable, compact and pocket-sized pump is a separate unit, allowing our ultralight collection cups to fit discreetly inside your bra without weighing down your breast. Freestyle Hands-free provides a superior hands-free pumping experience for busy, multitasking parents.
Medela takes pumping to a new level with the Freestyle Hands-free breast pump. The anatomically shaped collection cups fit seamlessly in most nursing bras and have been designed for assembly in just three simple steps. The combination of 105° angled breast shields and 2-Phase Expression® technology provides a superior hands-free experience with Medela’s Freestyle Hands-free breast pump.
Introducing the Freestyle Hands-free Breast Pump
At a glance
- Wearable, Ultra-Lightweight: Amongst the lightest collection cups available (76g each) and designed to fit comfortably and discreetly in your bra.
- Comfort with Portability: Freestyle Hands-free helps busy moms multitask.
- Separate Pump: Stays in your pocket instead of weighing on your breast.
- Anatomically Shaped: Collection Cups are uniquely designed to maximize milk expression and comfort by reducing breast compression
- Easy Cleaning & Assembly: Collection cups contain only three parts and are dishwasher-safe.
- Transparent Design: For easy nipple alignment and to see if milk is flowing.
- USB-rechargeable¹: Built-in battery for convenient pumping wherever you are.
- Smart: Connectivity to the Medela Family™ app allows you to create a personalized profile tailored to your needs
- 2-Phase Expression™ Technology: Mimics baby’s natural sucking rhythm – faster at first to stimulate milk flow, then slower to express milk for efficient and comfortable pumping
(1) Freestyle Hands-free Breast Pump (motor unit)
(2) 24mm hands-free cup breast shields
(2) 21mm hands-free cup breast shields
(1) power adaptor and USB-C charging cable
(1) instructions for use
- Package Dimensions: 248 x 128 x 219 mm
- Unit weight
- Full pump system 445g
- Cups (x2) 177g
- Pump 0.59lbs 268g
- USB-C chargeable
- Power input: 100-240V
- Batteries 1 non-removable Lithium Ion Battery Included
- Global warranty https://www.medela.com/breastfeeding/products/ewarranty
What is the size of the pump?
- The pump weighs 9.63 oz.
- Height: 1.81"
- Width: 2.64"
- Length: 5.67"
How long does the battery last and does it need the original charger?
Freestyle™ Hands-free comes with a built-in, rechargeable⁴ battery for convenient pumping anywhere you are. Your breast pump can be used on an average for eight 15-minute sessions which gives you about 2 hours of battery life between charges.
Can I return Freestyle™ Hands-free if I change my mind?
Freestyle™ Hands-free is a single-user device. For hygiene and safety reasons, it can only be used by one person. This means that once the tamper seal is broken, you will not be able to return it to us unless it is faulty. If you received a faulty or malfunctioning device, please contact the Medela customer service team to see if you are eligible for a warranty replacement.
Is double pumping more effective?
Medela researchers found that double pumping obtains 18% more milk on average, compared to single pumping³.
Can I store milk in the collection cups between pump sessions?
No. It is not recommended to store expressed breast milk within the cups. When a mom has finished pumping, any breast milk expressed should be poured into a milk-safe storage container.
How can I clean and dry the tubing?
The pump features a closed system so milk cannot get into the tube when used as instructed. Do not clean or rinse the inside of the tubing under any circumstances. The exterior of the tubing can be wiped down with a damp cloth if dirty.
Do I need a special bra to be able to use the hands-free collection cups?
A special bra is not required when using the Freestyle™ Hands-free collection cups. The cups are designed to fit into most nursing bras.
What is the weight of the hands-free collection cups?
The hands-free collection cups weigh 76g.
How much milk do the hands-free collection cups hold?
The hands-free collection cups hold 150ml / 5oz of breast milk in each cup
How often do I need to clean the Hands-free collection cups?
Sanitize before first use and once daily, and wash before first use and after each use. Always allow all parts to completely dry on a clean towel.
Do I have to take out the o-rings off my Hands-free Collection Cups during washing or sanitizing?
During regular washing or sanitizing, you do not need to remove the o-ring from the breast shield.
Is the o-ring applied to all breast shield sizes in the Hands-free Collection Cups pack?
No, to reduce waste, the o-rings are assembled or applied only to each of the 24mm breast shields.
To use with another breast shield size, the o-ring needs to be removed from the 24 mm breast shield and reassembled to the alternative size breast shield before use.
Do the o-rings fit to all breast shield sizes?
Yes. The o-ring fits all breast shield sizes for the Hands-free Collection Cups.
Are Hands-free Collection Cups hospital grade?
No, the Hands-free Collection Cups are not part of the hospital grade pump system Symphony Plus. These cups are not for hospital use; to be sterilized and/or autoclaved (they are to be sanitized and washed daily).
The Hands-free Collection Cups are only compatible with the Medela personal use pumps, specifically specifically FreestyleTM, Swing MaxiTM and Pump in Style®.
Item Code - 101044164
UPC code - 020451441641